Wednesday, November 7, 2012

G'day & other things

Yesterday, driving from Merimbula to Melbourne, I said G'day at least three times in response to someone saying it to me on the street. People really say that, not just Mic Dundee.

Also, language equation:
"ya's" = "y'all"
As in, "how long are ya's in town?" "would ya's like sugar in your coffee?" "see ya's laters!"

We stopped to eat our picnic lunch at a playground about half way through the 7hr drive and found this huge zip line!! Sam was brave enough to try right away and even Lu had a turn while I cringed inside

At a local coffee shop along the way, I ordered Robb and I two coffees, a long black and a flat white, and the man next to me (who had just ordered a sausage roll, delish!) gave me his change to "help w the cost". Crazy, right?!

The Hilton here upgraded us to a suite with gorgeous views of the park. Internet is a bit spotty so pictures will have to wait.

More to come as we take the metro out to meet up with an old friend and her family.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment